SKINCARE GUIDE FOR MEN
The journey of discovering skincare transcends our physical appearance. In orders, it’s a journey into our minds and our sense of self. You can pamper yourself from the inside out by following a beauty regimen. As a daily act of self-care, your skincare routine can also lead to visible results in your appearance along with calming and grounding your mind, why then should it only apply to one gender? From pimples and acne to spots and wrinkles, men also suffer from similar skin related issues. There is, however a lack of proper information.
LET’S Look Into Some Of The Most Common Skincare Mistakes Made By Men
Not cleansing the skin well- Cleansing and moisturizing is the most important step in the skincare routine. Cleansing the skin is very important especially for those who have a beard. Some men also use products to grow their beard so the residue from the products used on the face can accumulate in the beard and prolonged exposure to this can irritate the skin. Improper cleansing can also lead to a buildup of dead skin cells. Gentle cleanser and exfoliation are very important and they must be incorporated in the daily skincare regimen. Facial skin must be cleansed with water and gentle cleanser in the morning as well as at night. Exfoliation can trigger the skin’s natural renewal process and reveal younger skin cells. Cleansing helps the skin look healthier and provides a more even skin tone and smoother texture. Use soap free cleanser like SkinLuv Purifying Facial Cleanser
Application of wrong products- One must not use harsh soap or other body washes to cleanse the face. Facial skincare products have different formulation and are gentle. Facial skin is far more sensitive that the rest of the body and it requires special care. Harsh soaps if applied on the face can dry out the skin further leading to cracking and flaking. Facial cleansers are made depending on the types of skin. The application of the wrong products can result in an undesirable outcome. Men are often careless while choosing their skincare products and end up using the wrong ones. They usually don’t consider their skin type while buying skincare products. For an instance, men with dry skin must not use products meant for oily skin as dry skincare products contain agents that moisture which may clog the oily skin. For facial cleansing use AHA based facewash like SkinLuv Pure Skin Lightening and Whitening Face Wash.
Not treating acne- Acne is a vey common skin problem and more than 40% of men face acne problem but seek no treatment or take no remedies measures. Acne is caused by pores being clogged with dirt and bacteria. In such a state, an individual must wash the face daily and exfoliate several times a week. Acne must not be neglected as the breakouts of acne can have severe marks on the akin. Men must use a cream with kojic acid once or twice a day depending on the severity of the condition.
Bad shaving habit- Shaving foam is quite convenient to use but it does not help in making the skin better. Before shaving, men should wash their face with warm water and a cleanser to soften the beard hair. This step will also prevent the formation of ingrown hair. Shaving creams often have an irritating effect on the skin. A person must always moisturize to protect the skin. Dull razors must be avoided. Aftershave must be applied moisturizer as it provides a refreshing feel and it also soothes the newly revealed skin layer.
These are some of the most common skincare mistakes that men make. Most men are under the false impression that skincare is a girly thing but it certainly is not the case. Men must also apply moisturizers, use face wash daily, and must follow proper skin care regimen to keep the skin healthy.
DON'T LEAVE THEM OUT: MEN NEED SKINCARE, TOO
So many men wouldn't be caught dead standing around the water cooler discussing their skin and skin care routines. But whether they want to admit it or not, men need to have at least a basic skin care regimen to keep their complexions clear and their skin healthy. So, it's time we start talking about it.
We're going to talk about basic care. There's really no need for any major muss or fuss. Chemical peels or weekly masque treatments aren't necessary (but they never hurt, either). Skin care is important, even for those of the manly-man persuasion, so we're going to talk about it out loud. Men suffer the same skin care woes and troubles as women. Things like acne, sensitive skin, and razor burn can all be tackled with a little bit of smart elbow grease.
KNOW YOUR SKIN You may think you don't really care what your skin type is, but you should trust us on this one. You really should. This step doesn't require you to have any major advanced degree, nor does it require you to have a tea leaf reading session. Knowing your skin type will help to make the whole rest of this process run smoothly and successfully. Just think about your skin, and maybe peer into the mirror for a few seconds.
If you have
• Normal skin it stays pretty clear and isn't sensitive
• Dry skin it is flaky, itchy, or rough
• Oily skin it produces excess oil so it is shiny and greasy
• Combination skin it is dry in some areas and oily in others
• Sensitive skin it has a tendency to break out, react to products, or sting or burn
Knowing your skin type will allow you to make good choices when it comes to what products you should or shouldn't use, or how to help yourself if you run into a bit of skin trouble in the future. If you've been having trouble with your skin, try reading the product labels & ingredients. If you have acne-prone skin, you should look for "oil-free" products because they won't clog your pores. If your skin is on the sensitive side, use mild "fragrance-free" products to avoid possible irritants.
BASIC FACIAL ROUTINE FOR MEN
Just because your skin needs proper care doesn't mean it has to be difficult or time-consuming. Follow these few simple steps twice a day, and the hard part's over.
• Cleanse- Now is not the time to grab your average, boring, dry bar of soap. While some bar soaps are good for your skin, most are full of skin-stripping ingredients that can dry you out. Opt for a cleanser designed specifically for your face. Other types of cleansers typically contain chemicals that are too harsh. Rinse with cool water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
• Moisturize- If the thought of telling anyone that you "moisturize" seems too girly, just call it "thirst-quenching your skin." Moisturizing has a bunch of benefits including helping to keep your skin from drying out (even oily skin can get too dry) and will go far towards preventing signs of aging like wrinkles down the line. It also keeps your face looking generally smooth and touchable.
• Treat- If you're suffering from acne, apply a clarifying product. If you are worried about combating signs of aging, an anti-aging cream can hep to smooth out forehead wrinkles and crow's feet around your eyes and tighten your skin. An eye cream can also help to reduce bags and puffiness. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look on top of your game! Very often, your skin's microbiome is out of whack and could be helped with the addition of topical probiotics to bring things back to order.
• Sunscreen- The sun is the number one offender when it comes to creating wrinkles, age spots, and other age-related damage. On top of that, everyone is prone to the dreaded skin cancer. Don't let yourself become another one of those statistics. Slathering on a bit of sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 before you go outdoors only takes a minute. Don't forget to reapply it every two hours. If you're going to be sweating or swimming, reapply it even more often!
SHAVING TIPS FOR YOUR SKIN
While you may have been shaving for years or decades by now, have you been doing so with your skin's best interests in mind? Pay attention to your shaving technique. If you're experiencing razor bumps, razor burns, or ingrown hairs, switch from a multi-blade razor to a single-or double-blade instead. Don't pull your skin taut while you shave. It may just be that the multi-blade razors are working too well or shaving too closely for your skin.
Wet your skin and hair first to soften it. Apply a moisturizing shaving cream and allow it a chance to actually condition the skin before you begin. Shave with the direction of hair growth and rinse after each swipe of the razor. Change your blade after every five to seven shaves to minimize irritation. Chances are these few tips don't really take up any more of your time than your old routine, but can really make a huge difference in the future of your skin. Think timeless and handsome ala George Clooney or Sean Connery. Your future self will thank you!
Moisturizing has a bunch of benefits including helping to keep your skin from drying out (even oily skin can get too dry) Knowing your skin type will allow you to make good choice when it comes to what products you should or shouldn’t use.
If you need to eliminate all the substandard and toxic skincare products from your shelves, SkinLuv has the clean skincare products you need. Our products come with clean and operational ingredients that will allow you to maintain that healthy and vibrant skin for an extended period. Unlike other skincare product manufacturers, we don't keep the ingredients used a secret- they are well indicated on the product labels. Check out our product line now and place an order.